Wednesday 26 February 2014

WARRIOR WEDNESDAYS : PRETTY PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP?

Today I want to share with you something that over the last year has really helped me to redirect my wellness, develop a real interest in food and everything that I put into my mouth. I am not going to get all scientific on you here, I really don't think that will be the thing that will convince you to take the step to make a huge change in your life, it will be purely the experience.

We are what we eat, it really is as simple as that!  Food is our fuel and it effects our moods, energy levels and your digestive system. It is very important that we respect our bodies and one thing that does not respect us is sugar. It is seriously one of the worst things for you and if you don't believe me head on over and meet Sarah Wilson. Reading her ebook and taking the 8 week challenge has really assisted me to change my whole digestive system and experience with food. It is NOT easy at all and I have to admit it was VERY hard as well as not always sticking to it strictly, but honestly the short story is, it has really helped me to change my life for the better. Everyone was giving me that face... You're WHAT? "Dieting" ...YOU! WHAT? You're SO SKINNY! .... Yeh, story of my life, literally. It is not news to anyone that knows me in person that I don't really need to watch what I eat and that is what I always believed until over the last year, I experienced the most discomfort and horrible digestive symptoms I have ever experienced. It is no way to live your life, trust me, I am not cured but I am 80% better than I was. The doctors could not tell me what was wrong with me, IBS, they said, shouldn't be eating certain foods they said ( well that one they got right ) and stress they said ( well, yes, but not all of it. ) So I took action, which is what I do when I cannot take it anymore, I figured it out myself, found something that suited me, researched my symptoms ( be careful what you read on google, don't believe everything ) got myself a probiotic, Sarah's book and put myself on the path of recovery, which I am still on by the way. This eating healthy thing is SO very difficult but when you get into the groove of it all, you begin to realise how much better you feel and how much better your life is. I cannot recommend I Quit Sugar enough and stick to it, I occasionally still have sugar here and there and I can tell the difference straight away in the way I feel. ( No it isn't all in my mind ) If you don't believe me, Sarah has done all the research and proving it is the way of the future so head on over to her blog and I Quit Sugar website and get reading. If you have been suffering like me, do yourself a favour and take action.

 By the way, quitting sugar hasn't changed my body in anyway physically, it has actually made me better, stronger and healthier in every way possible. So, no more cherries on top of that ice cream!




Images sourced via Sarah Wilsons Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...