Tuesday 18 February 2014

INSPIRATION IS EVERYWHERE

Today has been a day that has been a bit all over the place, waiting forever this morning to try and get my mac book looked at because of course I am having a few technical issues... even though it is pretty much brand new. Sometimes you can't just cut a break with these things! Oh well, it meant I got a few hours to myself and could walk around looking at fashion which I definitely needed to catch up on. I had a lovely conversation with a girl this morning which has inspired this post today, so I wanted to share a little inspiration for all those who are struggling with the ever popular modern open planned space.

Open planning has a whole heap of benefits but at the same time you get left with a huge space that is meant to "house" several different purposes. What does one do? How do we go about making a space that has a kitchen, dining and living area work all in harmony? Well, it is all about zoning the space and utilising furniture pieces to create those zones so the space doesn't look empty as well as allowing you to create some sectioning off or partitions. A great way to also achieve this in a simply is also through the use of wall space, artwork and large mirrors work wonders in grounding a space as well as opening it up even more. Adding these elements assists to make the space look useful, complete and all the elements work together. It is also important to layer things and when I say layer, I mean you may have a book shelf, but think about different elements to showcase on it as well as adding a chair, which instantly becomes a reading area. I searched through Pinterest today to get some inspiring imagery to help get the creative juices flowing when it comes to thinking about how you can zone your open plan as well as giving certain areas purpose in smart and easy ways.

Have you had trouble with your open plan space? How did you solve your styling dilemma? I'd love to hear from you.










All these images have been sourced from Pinterest.
You can follow me HERE! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...