Monday 18 November 2013

STRIKING COLOUR

Ali McNabey- Stevens is my new favourite artist, it is as simple as that. Her bold use of colour, striking combinations and compositions have really captured my attention and the likes of many around the world. She was trained in Britain but now lives in Melbourne Australia and will be one of the featured artists on Offsprings Season 4, which is pretty huge in itself. I find the bold use of colour very brave and even though they are abstract you can still get a sense of style and the concept behind the pieces, especially in her peonies series. I am not surprised at all that I am in love with her pieces, especially because I love peonies, which are up there on the favourite flower list. Don't you think Ali's pieces would make for such a great entry artwork in a hallway or on a blank white wall? The bold colours and patterns are pretty perfect.

Find out a lot more about Ali and her pieces by visiting her website. 
All images sourced directly from her website.









Hope you all had a lovely weekend! Here is to taking this week by storm!

JDZ x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...