Monday 2 September 2013

BURNT ORANGE

Hope you all have a very exciting and lovely weekend with the first day of Spring!! It was an exciting weekend for me as it was my birthday yesterday, which is my favourite day of the year and not just because it is my birthday but because it is the end of Winter and we can all begin the rest of the year on a fresh note!

Burnt orange is classified a colour in my books and usually it is a colour that is more associated with warmth as it is a rich tone of orange. Orange, bright or rich can be a fantastic colour to add brightness or warmth/contrast to a space that requires some lifting. This obviously also depends on your current furniture, because orange wont go with everything, but with dark woods, oak and beiges, it can really be a good base for some cushions or rugs that can bring your entire room together to make it feel elegant and warm. It does not need to be over powering, but a pop of the colour, contrasted with a beautiful latte, beige and mustard yellow or even bright yellow can really do the trick! Don't believe me, find yourself a colour wheel and put all those tones together and you will have a winning colour palette. Speaking of palettes, I love a good orange, as in the fruit and I also love a good cafe with great food and it gets even better when it has an amazing unique retail store to go with it! Where can you find such a place? Well look no further than Burnt Orange in Mosman, Sydney.

I was fortunate enough to have my lovely birthday lunch ( successfully organised by Evan! Woohoo ) at this amazing cafe with a great view, good food, good company and a great shopping experience. What more could a girl ask for?

If you have never been, I highly recommend that you make the journey to Burnt Orange and experience it just for the view, or even just for the shopping. If you are into really unique, cute and different bits and pieces for your home, this boutique store is the place to go! Moroccan door knobs, colourful throws, cute shift dresses, Megan Morton's book, lamp shades, floral plates, the works! Sit down upstairs and enjoy your purchases with a great coffee and some delicious chocolate pie, I assure you, it will make for a great afternoon. So, not only does the colour make for a great palette, bright or warm but it makes for a great name of a fabulous Sydney local cafe and retail experience.

You can find out more about Burnt Orange by clicking here and the online shop by clicking here.

Here is a little behind the scenes of my very own birthday lunch with my lovely friends.








Retail images sourced from the Burnt Orange website and the rest were taken by JDZ herself.

Have a great afternoon,

JDZ x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...