Wednesday 28 August 2013

FLOWER POWER - COUNT DOWN TO SPRING



If you're like me you cannot wait for winter to be over... I mean winter is not bad and can be a great in creating really warm and inviting interiors but honestly to me, nothing beats summer and soaking up the warm sun and the beach. In anticipation leading up to the first day of spring... which if you know me well, is my birthday and my favorite day of the year. Not only is it my birthday but it is the first day of a new beginning, sheading all the winter blues and heavy layers and moving into beautiful warm sunny days. These type of days are my favorite because to me, nothing really gets better than that, getting a good dose of Vitamin D, soaking in all the colours, the birds chirping makes me so happy... so yep it is a regular fairy tale happening in my head at the moment. 

The new cover of the September issue of Real Living Magazine really inspired me and really made me feel so happy the minute I saw it. I am not usually one for a lot of foral prints and patterns but for some reason the bold colours and images made me smile. When I say I have never been one for floral prints, I mean floral in interiors as is usually associated with "old fashioned" and the 1960s, but it can actually be amazing used in the right interior and with the right brief. What I do love however, is a bunch of fresh flowers and they can really make all the difference in any particular room and the finishing touch. Flowers are an instant way to add colour, warmth and happiness to a room, especially if you need an instant lift and want to feel special. I don't know why, but they just do and they can even be a great way to decorate if you are entertaining or styling a party. 

Here are some of my favorites from my Pinterest











JDZ x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...