Thursday 13 June 2013

ELEMENTS I LOVE

I may have tricked you with the title of this post because it is not about things I love particularly, it is merely about an amazingly cool little store I discovered today.

Something I really love about sourcing trips is, you often come across the complete unexpected find that really makes your day. I had my GPS all set for my journey to find MCM HOUSE, which by the way has some pretty great pieces too ( check them out here ) and as I was parking this little enchanted shop with unique pieces caught my attention. I thought to myself 'hmmm that looks like it should belong in Melbourne and I should really go in there but probably wont have time.' But can I tell you, I am so glad I did, even if I went over my 1/4 P parking limit.

It is a little store called Elements I Love and it is about to turn one!  ( first birthday party this weekend actually and yes I have my own personal invitation )

The store is actually a branch off from their warehouse that is 10 years old located in Sydney's inner west, with the shop front located in Surry Hills. It is a complete mix of old antique refurbished lights, doors that can be used as art pieces, mirrors, industrial style dining chairs, arm chairs, decorative pieces from all different eras and some awesome wall paper selections.

If you are ever looking for that great one off piece or even a retro light fitting then do yourself the favour and have a look in this store. Even if you are a homewares lover and just cant help yourself but buy little bits and pieces for your home then this is the place to go. If you are wanting to fuse old with new in your home or create a soft industrial look, then again, this is the place to go. They are always constantly updating the store with new finds, so I am very much looking forward to going back and checking out the warehouse.

By the way, you cannot take photos unless you have Instagram, tag and follow them. Just another reason to get Instagram I say. So make sure to follow me @jdz1 and @elements_i_love !

Here are a few of my own images which I tagged straight away when I got back to my desk.

JDZ x






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...